Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM806 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DM806
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Any bull.
Number of Permits: 16 permits
21B, Lower Nowitna River Corridor.
Sept. 5 - Sept. 25
Alaska residents only
- In person at the Nowitna River check station or Fairbanks within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Antlers for measuring and Lower front teeth (5 inch section) to Nowitna Checkstation or Fairbanks ADFG.
Report in person or by mail within 15 days of the close of the season.
If you did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: Unit 21B, that portion of the Nowitna River drainage downstream from and including the Little Mud River drainage inside a corridor extending 5 miles on either side of, and including, the Nowitna River.
- Successful resident and nonresident hunters are required to attach their locking moose tag to the antlers of the moose they harvest at the site of the kill. Successful resident and nonresident hunters cannot detach the antlers from the skull plate of the moose.
- A hunter that draws a permit for this area cannot receive Registration Permits RM832 or RM834.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.