Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM783 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DM783
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Any Moose
Number of Permits: 50 permits
Sept. 21 - Feb. 28 Certified Muzzleloader or Bow Hunters Only
Alaska residents only
- Online, by mail or in person to Fairbanks ADF&G within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: None
Online, by mail or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: Unit 20B - that portion southeast of the Moose Creek dike within 1/2 mile of each side of the Richardson Highway excluding the area within a half a mile of Birch (mile 306), Harding (mile 319), and Lost Lake (mile 306.1) Closed Areas. (See Hunting Regulations book for descriptions of closed areas)
- The hunt is open to moose hunting by muzzleloader or bow and arrow only.
- Muzzleloader hunters: you must be certified prior to hunting in DM783.
- Bowhunters: you must be IBEP (International Bowhunters Education Program) certified prior to hunting in DM783. Call 459-7206 for more information on these classes.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.