Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM549 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DM549
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Antlerless, taking calves or cows with calves is prohibited.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 50 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 50 permits|
Aug 20 - Sep 20
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Report via mail, or in person to Homer ADF&G within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: 5 inches of lower jaw with front teeth
Report by mail, or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: beginning at the mouth of Eastland Creek on Kachemak Bay, then northerly along Eastland Creek and the center fork of Eastland Creek to its headwaters, then northwesterly approximately one mile to the first branch of the south fork of Anchor River, then downstream along the south fork to the bridge at the North Fork Road, then westerly along the North Fork Road to the Sterling Highway, then southerly on the Sterling Highway to Diamond Creek, then downstream on Diamond Creek to Kachemak Bay, then along the mean high tide line to the point of origin.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.