Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Moose Hunting in Alaska
DM534 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
(See also: DM534 for the 2015 Regulatory Year)
Hunt Number: DM534
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Bull with 50-inch or larger antlers or at least 3 brow tines on at least one antler.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 12 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 12 permits|
15B, Timberline Lake
Sep 1 - Sep 20
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- If successful, report in person during normal business hours to Homer, Soldotna, Anchorage, or Palmer within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Antlers naturally attached to skull plate for measuring.
Unsuccessful hunters, including hunters who did not hunt, report by mail, or in person to ADF&G within 15 days of season end
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: that portion of Unit 15B bordered on the northeast by the eastern-most fork of the Funny River to its head, on the south and southwest by Bear Creek, and on the northwest by a line extending southwest to the northeast from the mouth of Bear Creek to the Funny River.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.