Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
The walrus in Alaska: Its ecology and management
- Reference: Burns, J. J. 1965. The walrus in Alaska: Its ecology and management. Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Division of Game, Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Project Project W-6-R-5, Work Plan G-a, Juneau.
- Audiences: Scientist, Wildlife Manager
- Authors: John J. Burns Sr.
- Funding Sources: FWS-WR
- GMUs or Areas:
- Keywords: Alaska, Odobenus rosmarus divergens, Pacific walrus
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/federal_aid/65_wal_burns.pdf (PDF)
- Partners: Federal Aid-Wildlife Restoration Program
- Primary Authors: John J. Burns Sr.
- Programs: Wildlife Management, Wildlife Research
- Project Numbers: Work Plan G-a, W-6-R-5
- Publication Types: Grant Report
- Regions: Statewide
- Species: Pacific Walrus
- Species Categories: Mammals, Marine Mammals
- Title: The walrus in Alaska: Its ecology and management
- Topics: Disease, Health, and Nutrition, Wildlife Management, Distribution and Movements (including Migration), Population Abundance and Trends (Survey Inventory), Research, Population Composition and Demographics, Vital Rates, Behavioral Ecology, Diet, Harvest
- Year: 1965
See more: Wildlife Publications