DB987 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2021
(See also: DB987 for the 2020 Regulatory Year)
Hunt Number: DB987
Regulatory Year: 2021
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: Any bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||To be announced|
|Nonresidents||Up to 14 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||14 permits|
08/25/2021 - 05/31/2022
- Online, by mail or in person to Fairbanks ADF&G within 15 days of the kill.
- Specimens Required: Present skull (unfrozen and removed from skin) and hide (with claws and evidence of sex attached) for sealing.
Online, by mail, or in person within 15 days of close of season.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- A big game grizzly/brown bear locking tag is required.
- You must be IBEP (International Bowhunter Education Program) certified if you hunt within the DHCMA (Dalton Highway Corridor Management Area).
- Remember, once you kill an animal, you must immediately punch out the month and date on your permit.
- The skull (unfrozen and removed from the skin) and hide (with evidence of sex and claws attached) must be sealed within 30 days of the kill. An accurate location of where the bear was killed is needed. A tooth and a piece of the hide will be retrieved during sealing.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.