RB989 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RB989
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One brown bear per regulatory year by registration permit only. Cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||To be announced|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
01/01/2021 - 05/31/2021
Alaska residents only
- Report within 15 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: A quarter size piece of untanned hide with hair for DNA analysis.
Report no later than June 15.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) WHERE & WHEN:
26B within the Dalton Highway Corridor Management Area BY BOW AND ARROW ONLY: Jan 1 - May 31;
26B remainder: Jan 1 - May 31;
Unless changed by emergency order.
2) BAG LIMIT: One (1) brown bear. Cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
3) SEALING REQUIREMENT: Hide and skull must be sealed within 30 days of the kill by ADF&G or by Alaska Wildlife
Troopers. Must be unfrozen. A quarter size piece of untanned hide with hair shall be turned in to ADF&G at the
time of sealing for DNA analysis.
4) REPORTING: Complete permit hunt report online (http://hunt.alaska.gov) or return completed permit report card by
mail or in person to Fairbanks ADF&G. Successful hunters: Report within 15 days of kill. Unsuccessful hunters and
those who did not hunt: Report no later than June 15.
5) REMEMBER: Evidence of sex must remain naturally attached to the hide until it is sealed. All hunters participating in
BOW AND ARROW ONLY hunts MUST OBTAIN BOWHUNTER CERTIFICATION.
6) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska residents only
7) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (Drawing,
Tier II, and Registration, including Tier I Nelchina Caribou) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will
be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.