RB525 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RB525
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: Any bear except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||To be announced|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
07/01/2020 - 06/30/2021
Alaska residents only
- Must report within 10 working days of the kill to the King Salmon ADF&G Office.
- Specimens Required: Hide and Skull for sealing
Must Report within 15 days of the close of the season.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Alaska resident only hunt, $25 bear locking-tag not required.
1) SEASON DATES: no closed season (July 1-June 30)
2) OPEN AREAS: Areas in the immediate vicinity of unit 9 and 10 villages. Maps are available online at http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=huntingmaps.main; at the ADF&G office in King Salmon; and are posted in unit 9 and 10 village post offices.
3) BAG LIMIT: one (1) brown bear, cubs and females with cubs may not be taken.
4) Hides and skulls of brown bears taken in the permit area must be sealed within thirty (30) days of the date of kill.
5) Successful hunters must report online, by mail or in person to the ADF&G office in King Salmon within ten (10) days of the date of kill. Unsuccessful hunters and those who did not hunt must report within fifteen (15) days of season end.
6) This permit is nontransferable and must be carried in the field while hunting.
7) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT:
If your report is not received within the allotted time, you will be ineligible for any drawing, Tier II or registration, (including Tier I Nelchina caribou) permits next season, and you may be cited.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.