RB500 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RB500
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: two (2) brown bears except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
08/20/2020 - 05/31/2021
Alaska residents only
- Hunters will be contacted by ADF&G for harvest information.
- Specimens Required: NONE
Hunters will be contacted by ADF&G for harvest information.
Internet Reporting not available for this hunt!
1) SEASON DATES:
Aug. 20 - May 31
2) OPEN AREA: Unit 17
3) BAG LIMIT: two (2) brown bears.
4) There is no resident brown bear tag required.
5) Hide/skull need not be salvaged or sealed if they remain in the State brown bear subsistence hunt area; however, before removal from the area, they must first be sealed by a department representative. At the time of sealing the skin of the skull and front claws will be removed and retained by the department representative.
6) All meat must be salvaged for human consumption.
7) A current Alaska resident hunting license is required.
8) Hunters will be contacted by ADF&G for harvest information.
9) Hunters must carry the tag from this registration permit in the field while hunting brown bear under terms of this permit.
10) This permit is nontransferable.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.