RG474 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RG474
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Mountain Goat
Legal Animal: One goat, either sex. Nannies with kids are protected and can not be legally harvested
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||To be announced|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
11/01/2020 - 01/31/2021
Alaska residents only
- Report online, by mail, or in person to the Kodiak ADF&G office within 5 days of hunt completion.
- Specimens Required: None
Report online, by mail, or in person to the Kodiak ADF&G office, within 15 days of the season closure.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) goat in Unit 8 in accordance with the current year's hunting regulations and the conditions described for Mountain Goat Hunt RG474. Nannies with kids are protected and can not be harvested legally. If you have killed a goat anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, this permit is invalid.
2) Season dates are from Nov. 1 - Jan. 31 or until closed by Emergency Order.
3) Aircraft access is restricted to State maintained airports or by floatplane to saltwater only.
4) SUCCESSFUL hunters are required to report on-line, by mail, or in person to the Kodiak ADF&G office within 5 days of hunt completion. In addition, successful hunters are encouraged to bring the head and horns of their harvested goat to the Kodiak ADF&G office for measurement and data collection.
5) UNSUCCESSFUL hunters or permittees who DID NOT HUNT are required to report on-line, by mail, or in person to the Kodiak ADF&G office within 15 days of the season closure.
6) REMEMBER: You must carry this permit with you while hunting and show it to anyone authorized to enforce state or federal laws who requests to see it.
7) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II, and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.