RE755 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RE755
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Legal Animal: One (1) Elk
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
10/23/2020 - 11/30/2020
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Call 907-486-1880 or in person to Kodiak ADFG within 2 days of hunt completion. Mail report within 5 days.
- Specimens Required: none
Report must be submitted within 15 days of the close of the season.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) PERMIT: The RE755 permit shall be in the possession of the permittee while hunting or transporting elk and shall be exhibited to any person authorized to enforce state and federal laws who requests to see it. The permit is NONTRANSFERABLE.
2) WHEN: The RE755 permit is valid from October 23 - November 30 or until closed by Emergency Order.
3) WHERE: Unit 8 except Raspberry Island. Portions of the hunt area may not open or may close early by emergency order. Much of the land is privately owned and subject to access fees.
4) BAG LIMIT: One (1) elk. If you have killed an elk anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, you are ineligible to participate in this hunt. A wounded elk counts against your bag limit. If you wound a elk and do not recover it, you may not hunt elk for the remainder of the regulatory year.
SUCCESSFUL hunters: Report kill within 2 days of completing the hunt by phone (907-486-1880), in person at Kodiak ADFG, or online at http://hunt.alaska.gov. Successful hunters must also drop off or mail the completed harvest report within 5 working days after completing the hunt.
UNSUCCESSFUL hunters or permittees who DID NOT HUNT: Return the completed harvest report in person, online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, or by mail to Kodiak ADFG within 15 days of the close of the season.
6) SPECIMENS: No specimens are required, however successful hunters are encouraged to bring their elk heads to Kodiak ADFG for CWD testing.
7) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II, or registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.