RE325 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RE325
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Legal Animal: 1 Bull Elk
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
Unit 3, Etolin and associated islands
11/15/2020 - 11/30/2020
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Must report in person or by phone to ADF&G in Petersburg or Ketchikan within 5 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Lower front teeth (on 5-inch section of jaw)
Must return the completed hunt report to ADF&G, or report online at hunt.alaska.gov, within 15 days of close of season.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for taking one bull elk in Unit 3, as covered by Registration Hunt RE325 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
1. Hunt area: Unit 3, Etolin Island and smaller associated islands in the area bounded by a line beginning at the intersection of Stikine Strait and Clarence Strait, running southeast following the midline of Clarence Strait, down to its intersection with Ernest Sound, then northeast following the midline of Ernest Sound, excluding the Niblack Islands, to its intersection with Zimovia Strait, then northwest following the western shoreline of Zimovia Strait to its intersection with Chichagof Passage, then west along the midline of Chichagof Passage to its intersection with Stikine Strait, then southwest along the midline of Stikine Strait, back to the point of origin.
2. Zarembo, Bushy, Shrubby and the Kashevarof islands are closed to elk hunting.
3. Season dates: November 15 - November 30.
4. Successful hunters must return the completed hunt report and submit the lower front teeth (on a 5-inch section of jaw) to ADF&G in Petersburg or Ketchikan within 5 days of kill. Successful hunters are also asked to provide a photograph of their elk antlers to ADF&G, or to send an electronic image via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Unsuccessful hunters and permittees that did not hunt must return the completed hunt report to ADF&G or report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, within 15 days of close of season. If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits the next regulatory year. In addition, your name may be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.