Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Goat Hunting in Alaska
RG473 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RG473
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Legal Animal: One goat, either sex
November 1 - December 15
Alaska residents only
- in person or by phone to Kodiak ADF&G within 2 days of completion of their hunt
- Specimens Required: None
in person or by mail, within 15 days of the season closure
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) goat in Unit 8 in accordance with the current year's hunting regulations and the conditions described for Mountain Goat Hunt RG473. Nannies with kids are protected. If you have killed a goat anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, this permit is invalid.
2) Season dates are from Nov. 1 - Dec. 15 or until closed by Emergency Order.
3) Aircraft access is restricted to State maintained airports or by floatplane to saltwater only.
4) SUCCESSFUL hunters shall report in person or by phone to Kodiak ADF&G within 2 days of completion of their hunt (907-486-1880). Harvest reports must be returned within 5 days after the hunt, either by turning it in at the ADF&G office in Kodiak, or by mail.
5) UNSUCCESSFUL hunters or permittees who DID NOT HUNT shall return their completely filled out harvest report, either by turning it in at the Alaska Department of Fish and Game office in Kodiak, or by mail, within 15 days of the season closure.
6) REMEMBER: You must carry this permit with you while hunting and show it to anyone authorized to enforce state or federal laws who requests to see it.
7) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II, and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.