Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Goat Hunting in Alaska
RG471 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RG471
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Mountain Goat
Legal Animal: One goat, either sex. Nannies with kids are protected.
November 1 - December 15
Alaska residents only
- In person or by phone to Kodiak ADFG (907-486-1880)within 2 days of hunt completion.
- Specimens Required: None
In person or by mail, within 15 days of the season end.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) goat in Unit 8 in accordance with the current year's hunting regulation and the conditions described for Mountain Goat Hunt RG471. Nannies with kids are protected. If you have killed a goat anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, you are not eligible to participate in this hunt.
2) WHEN: Nov. 1 - Dec. 15 or until closed by Emergency Order.
3) ACCESS: Aircraft access is restricted to State maintained airports or by floatplane to saltwater only.
4) REPORTING- SUCCESSFUL hunters: Report in person or by phone to Kodiak ADFG within 2 days of hunt completion (907-486-1880). Return harvest reports within 5 days after the hunt, either by turning it in at the ADF&G office in Kodiak, or by mail.
UNSUCCESSFUL hunters or permittees who DID NOT HUNT: Return completed harvest report to Kodiak ADFG within 15 days of the season closure.
5) REMEMBER: You must carry this permit with you while hunting and show it to anyone authorized to enforce state or federal laws who requests to see it.
6) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to eport, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II, or registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.