Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Goat Hunting in Alaska
RG023 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RG023
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Mountain Goat
Legal Animal: 1 mountain goat
- hunters must return the completed hunter report within 5 days of kill to the ADF&G office in Douglas, Haines, or Skagway.
- Specimens Required: horns must be attached to the skull plate
you must return the hunt report to one of the offices above or report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov by close of business on January 15, 2015.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) mountain goat in Unit 1(D) covered by Registration Hunts # RG023/024/026 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
1. Season dates:
Hunt #RG023 September 15 - November 15, 2014.
Hunt #RG024 September 15 - November 30, 2014.
Between Taiya Inlet/River and the Whitepass/Yukon Railroad area: Hunt #RG024--Bow and Arrow only, September 15 - November 30, 2014.
Hunt #RG026 August 1 - December 31, 2014.
2. Successful hunters must submit horns for age and sex identification and must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Douglas, Haines or Skagway within five (5) days of kill.
3. The taking of nannies with kids is prohibited.
4. All hunt reports must be returned or reported online at http://hunt.alaska.gov by close of business January 15, 2015. If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.