Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Goat Hunting in Alaska
DG858 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
(See also: DG858 for the 2015 Regulatory Year)
Hunt Number: DG858
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Species: Mountain Goat
Legal Animal: Either sex
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 5 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 5 permits|
14C, Bird Creek
Sept 2 - Oct 15
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Bring report and required specimens to an ADF&G office within 10 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Horns attached to the skull plate
Report online at http//hunt.alaska.gov or by mail within 15 days of season end.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Taking of a nanny accompanied by a kid is prohibited.
- HUNTERS SHOULD TRY TO TAKE MALE GOATS
- Hunt Area: Unit 14C within the drainage of Bird Creek including Penguin Creek.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.