Website Feedback Button
Fish and Game Home

Alaska Department of Fish and Game

Shellfish Enhancement


Fish Resource Permit

A Fish Resources Permit (FRP) is required to collect or hold alive any live fish, shellfish, or aquatic plants for use outside of existing sport, personal use, aquatic farm, and commercial fishery regulated activities. FRPs will be issued to individuals who are engaged in scientific, educational, propagative, or exhibition activities. The review takes approximately 30 days.

For more information, contact the Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game, Division of Commercial Fisheries, Permit Coordinator at 907-465-4724 or email

To apply for Research or Bioenhancement Permit use the Fish Resource Permit Application.
Submit the form to the appropriate location as listed on the application form.

Please take a moment to help us improve your experience at the ADF&G website.
How did you arrive at our website?
Why did you visit our website today?
Did you find what you were looking for?
How easy or hard was it to find?
Very Easy Very Hard
Please provide any other comments or suggestions about your experience on the ADF&G website.

Having Trouble with this form?