Loon Lake (Mat-Su)
Bathymetric Map and Fishing Information
- Mean Depth: 2.9 m (9.5 ft.)
- Maximum Depth: 5.2 m (17.0 ft.)
- Shoreline Length: 3.1 km (1.9 mi.)
- Management Area: Mat-Su
- USGS Map: Anchorage C-8
- Surface Area: 43.7 ha (108.0 acres)
- Volume: 1,270,486 m3 (44,866,790 ft3)
- Elevation: 84 m (276 ft.)
Species Present: coho salmon, rainbow trout
First stocked in: 1992 with coho salmon
Most recently stocked in: 2019 with rainbow trout
Stocking Access: truck
- Directions: Mile 54.8 Parks Hwy. East on Cheri Lake Rd. 0.4 mile. Take right on Ray St. for 0.1 mile, then left to lake access with limited parking and undeveloped boat launch. Alternate route is to continue on Cheri Lake Rd. past Ray St. for 1.0 mile. Turn right on Anthony Rd. for 0.8 mile. Last 0.2 is on dirt road, requiring 4-wheel if wet. Follow a trail to the right for 0.2 mile to Loon Lake. NOTE: Limited public access. Majority of lake shoreline is privately owned. Please respect private property.
- Status: Sectionline Easement
- Improvements: 1. New parking lot and foot trail constructed fall of 1996.
2. Installed boardwalk and non-boating dock near trail terminus.
- foot trail
- Meridian, Township, Range and Section: Seward, 018N, 003W, 35
- Lat/Long: 61.602933° -149.753833°