Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Elk Hunting in Alaska
RE325 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RE325
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Legal Animal: 1 Bull Elk
- Hunters must return the completed hunt report within 5 days of kill to the ADF&G office in Petersburg or Wrangell.
- Specimens Required: Antlers attached to the skull plate and the lower front teeth
You must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Petersburg, or report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov by December 15, 2014.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit valid for the taking of one (1) bull elk in Unit 3, as covered by Registration Hunt #RE325 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
1. Seasons dates: November 15 - November 30, 2014.
2. Successful hunters must return the completed hunt report portion of this permit and the lower front teeth to the ADF&G representatives in Petersburg, Douglas or Wrangell within five (5) days of kill. We also request a photo of your elk's antlers.
3. All hunt reports must be returned, or reported online at http://hunt.alaska.gov by close of business December 15, 2014. If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
4. Zarembo, Bushy, Shrubby and the Kashevarof islands are closed to elk hunting.
5. HUNT AREA DESCRIPTION: Unit 3, Etolin Island and smaller associated islands in the area bounded by a line beginning at the intersection of Stikine Strait and Clarence Strait, running southeast following the midline of Clarence Strait, down to its intersection with Ernest Sound, then northeast following the midline of Ernest Sound, excluding the Niblack Islands, to its intersection with Zimovia Strait, then northwest following the western shoreline of Zimovia Strait to its intersection with Chichagof Passage, then west along the midline of Chichagof Passage to its intersection with Stikine Strait, then southwest along the midline of Stikine Strait, back to the point of origin.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.