Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Commercial Fishing Home
- News Releases & Announcements
- Information By Area
- Information By Fishery
- Reporting Resources
- Area Offices & Contact Information
- About the Division of Commercial Fisheries
- Partner Agencies & Fishermen Resources
Winter Troll Fishery Update
Southeast Alaska & Yakutat Commercial Fisheries
2013-2014 Winter Troll Fishery
- 2014-2015 Winter Troll Management Plan (PDF 2,223 kB)
- 2014 Winter Troll Exemption Permit Form for Catcher-processors (PDF 88 kB)
The Southeast Alaska/Yakutat winter troll fishery will open on October 11, 2013 and will remain open through April 30, 2014 or until a total of 45,000 non-Alaska hatchery-produced king salmon are harvested, plus the estimated number of Alaska hatchery-produced king salmon harvested. The fishery is confined to waters east of the winter boundary line (surfline) and includes waters of Yakutat Bay. Please refer to the 2013–2014 Winter Troll Fishery Management Plan and the 2012–2015 Southeast Alaska and Yakutat Commercial Salmon Fishing Regulations booklet for more details. During the winter fishery, all salmon species except coho may be retained.
- Winter Troll Chinook Fishery Data by District and Week
- Winter Troll Historical Comparisons
- Winter Troll Season Cumulative Catch, Effort, and Percentage of Regional Catch to Date
- Hatchery Contribution to the Winter Troll Fishery (PDF 406 kB)
- 2013-2014 Winter Troll Summary (PDF 24 kB)
- Numbers of Fish are based on fish ticket data.
- Average Weight and Average Price are based on fish ticket data.
- Inseason price information from fish ticket data is incomplete, preliminary, and underestimates the final exvessel value. This data should not be relied on for tax purposes.
If a login screen appears below, please try refreshing the webpage using your browser's refresh button.