Winter Troll Fishery Update
Southeast Alaska & Yakutat Commercial Fisheries
2017-2018 Winter Troll Fishery
- 2017-2018 Winter Troll Management Plan (PDF 3,346 kB)
- 2017-2018 Winter Troll Exemption Permit Form for Catcher-processors (PDF 264 kB)
The Southeast Alaska/Yakutat winter troll fishery will open on October 11, 2017 and will remain open through December 31, 2017 at this time. A news release concerning potential opening dates for the late winter fishery, January 1-April 30, will be issued in late December, following an evaluation of the harvest from the early winter fishery, October 11–December 31. The fishery is confined to waters east of the winter boundary line (surfline) and includes waters of Yakutat Bay. Please refer to the 2017-2018 Winter Troll Management Plan (PDF 3,346 kB) and the 2015–2018 Southeast Alaska/Yakutat Commercial Salmon Fishing Regulations (PDF 1,629 kB) booklet for more details. During the winter fishery, all salmon species except coho may be retained.
- Winter Troll Chinook Fishery Data by District and Week
- Winter Troll Historical Comparisons
- Winter Troll Season Cumulative Catch, Effort, and Percentage of Regional Catch to Date
- Hatchery Contribution to the Winter Troll Fishery (PDF 443 kB)
- History of the Winter Salmon Troll Fishery in Southeast Alaska/Yakutat (PDF 1,315 kB)
- Numbers of Fish are based on fish ticket data.
- Average Weight and Average Price are based on fish ticket data.
- Inseason price information from fish ticket data is incomplete, preliminary, and underestimates the final exvessel value. This data should not be relied on for tax purposes.