Winter Troll Fishery Update
Southeast Alaska & Yakutat Commercial Fisheries
2018-2019 Winter Troll Fishery
- 2018-2019 Winter Troll Management Plan (PDF 3,248 kB)
- 2018-2019 Winter Troll Exemption Permit Form for Catcher-processors (PDF 201 kB)
The Southeast Alaska/Yakutat winter troll fishery will open on October 11, 2018 and will close on March 15, 2019. The fishery is confined to waters east of the winter boundary line (surfline) and includes waters of Yakutat Bay. Please refer to the 2018-2019 Winter Troll Management Plan (PDF 3,248 kB) and the 2019-2021 Southeast Alaska/Yakutat Commercial Salmon Fishing Regulations (PDF 954 kB) booklet for more details. During the winter fishery, all salmon species except coho may be retained.
- Winter Troll Chinook Fishery Data by District and Week
- Winter Troll Historical Comparisons
- Winter Troll Season Cumulative Catch, Effort, and Percentage of Regional Catch to Date
- Hatchery Contribution to the Winter Troll Fishery (PDF 213 kB)
- History of the Winter Salmon Troll Fishery in Southeast Alaska/Yakutat (PDF 1,315 kB)
- Numbers of Fish are based on fish ticket data.
- Average Weight and Average Price are based on fish ticket data.
- Inseason price information from fish ticket data is incomplete, preliminary, and underestimates the final exvessel value. This data should not be relied on for tax purposes.