Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB670 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2022
Hunt Number: RB670
Regulatory Year: 2022
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||To be announced|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
08/01/2022 - 06/30/2023
Alaska residents only
- Report within 5 days of the kill online at hunt.alaska.gov, by telephone (907) 443-2271 or (800) 560-2271.
- Specimens Required: Skull and hide (separated, unfrozen) sealed by ADF&G; tooth extracted.
Report within 15 days of season end online at hunt.alaska.gov, by telephone (907) 443-2271 or (800) 560-2271, or by pre-paid mail.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1)WHEN: Aug 1 - Oct 31; Apr 1 - June 30. Season will be closed by emergency order when the combined harvest quota is met. The harvest quota is shared between RB670, RB699 (22C only), and DB685 (22C only).
Annual harvest quota (fall and spring combined): 25 bears.
2) WHERE: Unit 22C
3) BAG LIMIT: One brown bear; however, cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
4) SEALING: The hide and skull of all brown bears must be sealed within 30 days of take, and all bears must be sealed before they are transported out of Alaska; however, they do not have to be sealed within the Unit in which they were taken.
5) REQUIREMENTS: The skull and hide (with claws and evidence of sex naturally attached) must be salvaged and presented for sealing. The skull must be skinned from the hide and both must be unfrozen. Salvage of meat is not required.
6) REPORTING: Successful hunters: Report your harvest within 5 days of kill. Unsuccessful hunters and those who did not hunt must submit their hunt report within 15 days of the close of the season. Report in person, online at hunt.alaska.gov, by telephone (907) 443-2271 or (800)560-2271, or in the outside drop box at Nome ADF&G.
7) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska Residents Only.
8) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations. You must carry your signed permit while hunting or transporting brown bear within the registration permit area and you must show it to any person authorized to enforce state or federal laws who requests to see it.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.