Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB502 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2022
Hunt Number: RB502
Regulatory Year: 2022
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: Any bear except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
09/01/2022 - 05/31/2023
Alaska residents only
- Report by phone, mail, or online (hunt.alaska.gov) by June 15; if not received you will be contacted by ADF&G.
- Specimens Required: NONE
Report by phone, mail, or online (hunt.alaska.gov) by June 15; if not received you will be contacted by ADF&G.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) SEASON DATES:
Sept. 1 - May 31 in Unit 9B
Nov. 1 - Dec. 31 in Unit 9E
2) OPEN AREAS: Unit 9B and the Pacific Drainages of Unit 9E from Cape Kumliun to the border of Units 9E and 9D.
3) BAG LIMIT: one (1) brown bear, cubs and females with cubs may not be taken.
4) There is no resident brown bear tag required.
5) Hide/skull need not be salvaged or sealed if they remain in the State brown bear subsistence hunt area; however, before removal from the area, they must first be sealed by a department representative. At the time of sealing the skin of the skull and front claws will be removed and retained by the department representative.
6) All meat must be salvaged for human consumption.
7) A current Alaska resident hunting license is required.
8) All hunters (both successful and unsuccessful) are encouraged to report their hunting effort and harvest by June 15 to ADF&G by phone (907-246-3340), postage-paid Hunt Report Card, or online (hunt.alaska.gov). If ADF&G does not have your report, you will be contacted after the season closes to complete your hunt report.
9) Hunters must carry the tag from this registration permit in the field while hunting brown bear under terms of this permit.
10) This permit is nontransferable.
11) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT:
If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II, and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.