Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB699 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2022
Hunt Number: RB699
Regulatory Year: 2022
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: 22A,22B 22D, 22E: Two bears, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs. 22C: One bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||To be announced|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
08/01/2022 - 06/30/2023
Alaska residents only
- Report by phone, mail, or online (hunt.alaska.gov) by July 15.
- Specimens Required: If removed from subsistence hunt area, skull and hide (separated, unfrozen) sealed by ADF&G; skin of head/front claws kept by ADF&G.
Report by phone, mail, or online (hunt.alaska.gov) by July 15.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Unit 22A south of and including Golsovia River drainage: Aug 1 - May 31
Unit 22B: Aug 1 - June 30
Unit 22A remainder, 22D, and 22E: Aug 1 - June 15
Unit 22C: Aug 1 - Oct 31; April 1 - June 30
2) WHERE: Unit 22
3) BAG LIMIT:
22A, 22B, 22D, and 22E: Two brown bears; however, cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
22C: One brown bear; however, cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
4) SEALING: The sealing of the hide/skull is only required if removed from any State brown bear subsistence hunt area. Before removal from the area, the hide/skull must first be sealed by ADF&G or an officially designated sealing officer. The skull must be skinned from the hide and both must be unfrozen. When sealed, the skin of the head and front claws will be removed and retained by ADF&G.
5) REQUIREMENTS: AIRCRAFT MAY NOT be used in any manner for hunting. All meat must be salvaged for human consumption; hide and skull need not be salvaged. You must carry this permit with you while hunting or transporting a brown bear within the registration permit area.
For Units 22A, 22B, 22D, and 22E: you may only harvest two brown bears per regulatory year; if you have harvested two brown bears anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, this permit is not valid in Units 22A, 22B, 22D, and 22E.
For Unit 22C: you may only harvest one brown bear per regulatory year; if you have harvested a brown bear anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year this permit is not valid in Unit 22C.
6) REPORTING: All hunters (successful, unsuccessful or did not hunt) are required to report their hunting effort and harvest to ADF&G in person, online at hunt.alaska.gov, by telephone (907)443-2271 or (800)560-2271 (leave message), outside drop box at Nome ADF&G, or by prepaid mail by July 15.
7) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska Residents Only.
8) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations. You must carry your signed permit while hunting or transporting brown bear within the registration permit area and you must show it to any person authorized to enforce state or federal laws who requests to see it.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.