Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB697 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RB697
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs
Alaska residents only
- Report by phone, mail, or on-line (hunt.alaska.gov)
- Specimens Required: If removed from subsistence hunt area, skull and hide (separated, unfrozen) sealed by ADF&G; skin of head/front claws kept by ADF&G.
Report by phone, mail, or on-line (hunt.alaska.gov)
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1)WHEN: July 1 - June 30
2) WHERE: Unit 26A
3) BAG LIMIT: One brown bear; however cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
4) SEALING: Sealing of hide/skull only required if removed from any State brown bear subsistence hunt area. Before removal from the area, hide/skull must first be sealed by ADF&G or department representative. When sealed, the skin of the head and front claws will be removed and retained by ADF&G.
5) REQUIREMENTS: AIRCRAFT MAY NOT be used in any manner for hunting. All meat must be salvaged for human consumption; hide and skull need not be salvaged. You must carry this permit with you while you are hunting or transporting a brown bear within the registration permit area. You may only kill one (1) brown bear per regulatory year. If you have killed a brown bear anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, this permit is not valid.
6) REPORTING: All hunters (successful, unsuccessful or did not hunt) are required to report their hunting effort and harvest to ADF&G by telephone (907)852-3464, postage-paid Hunt Report Card or on-line (hunt.alaska.gov).
7) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska Residents Only.
8) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations. You must carry your signed permit while hunting or transporting brown bear within the registration permit area and you must show it to any person authorized to enforce state of federal laws who requests to see it.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.