Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB062 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: RB062
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: 1 Brown Bear
- hunters must report within 10 days of kill to the ADF&G office in Petersburg, Ketchikan or Douglas. See sealing requirements.
- Specimens Required: Skull and hide with evidence of sex attached
you must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Douglas, or report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov , by January 15, 2015.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
This permit is valid for the taking of one (1) brown bear in Units 1A, 1B, 1C covered by Registration Hunt #RB062 in accordance with the current Alaska Hunting Regulations and conditions described below:
1. Season dates: September 15 - December 31, 2014.
2. Successful hunters must report their kill to the ADF&G office in Ketchikan, Petersburg or Douglas within ten (10) days of kill (in person, by phone,or mail). Completed hunt reports are due at the time of sealing.
3. All unsuccessful hunters and permittees that did not hunt must return the completed hunt report to the ADF&G office in Ketchikan, Petersburg, or Douglas, or report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, by January 15, 2015. If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II and registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
4. Evidence of sex (penis sheath or vaginal opening) must be left on hide until sealed.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.