Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
Bison Hunting in Alaska
DI454 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2014
Hunt Number: DI454
Regulatory Year: 2014
Hunt Type: Draw
Legal Animal: Either Sex
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 24 permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 24 permits|
11, and a portion of 13(D), Copper River
Sep 1 - Mar 31
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Report in person at the Glennallen ADF&G office within one day of leaving the hunt area. If a bison is harvested on a weekend, or the Glennallen office is closed, please contact the Glennallen office within 3 days (907-822-3461).
- Specimens Required: None
report by phone to Glennallen within 5 days of close of season (907-822-3461) or online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
Additional Requirements and Information
- Hunt Area: east of the Copper River, south of the Klawasi River, and west of the line from Mount Sanford to Mount Wrangell to Long Glacier west of the Kotsina River, and that portion of Unit 13D north and east of the Edgerton Highway. This is a remote area, primarily accessible by light aircraft on small undeveloped gravel strips.
- NO PERMIT WAS ATTACHED. YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR PERMIT IN GLENNALLEN.
Hunts conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.