Applying for Operation Permit
Potential Locations for Aquatic Farming
Department of Natural Resources has identified potential locations for aquatic farming leases. The areas range in size from 5 – 10 acres. You can apply for a proposed aquatic farm site within these areas during the regular joint-agency aquatic farming application opening period from January 1 through April 30.
Once you have completed the application and provided information, you can submit the completed application to DNR with the applicable application filing fee (PDF 92 kB). If the proposed site is on-bottom, an applicant must include an additional survey fee of $5,000 for subtidal and $2,000 for intertidal, to determine the initial abundance of the wild stock on the site of the species intended for culture.
- Overview and General Information (PDF 127 kB)
- Potential Locations For Aquatic Farming Leases
- List of Potential Locations (PDF 18 kB) The list provides the location, culture method, number of leases available, and total acres available, along with the DNR ADL numbers associated with the locations. For up-to-date information, please refer to each location found on the DNR web site above.
- Map of Southeast Alaska Potential Areas (PDF 583 kB)
- Map of Southcentral Alaska Potential Areas (PDF 1,537 kB)
For more information, please contact the Department of Natural Resources Aquatic Farming Program Coordinator at (907) 269-8543 or visit the following website: www.dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/aquatic/otc/index.cfm