Plan Your Hunt Workbook
Planning a hunt has two basic elements:
- Paperwork — including travel plans, gear lists, maps, licenses, permits, tags, contracts with guide or transporters, meal planning, selecting firearms; and
- Physical Activities — including conditioning, sighting-in and practicing with the selected firearms or archery equipment, setting-up and testing the equipment you plan to take, and acquiring all gear and packing it for the trip.
Before you begin this workbook you should assemble the following materials:
- Calendar (for preparation and planning)
- Reloading manual
- Alaska atlas or topographic maps
- Alaska Hunting Regulations booklet
- Permit applications and supplements (if applicable)
Plan Your Hunt Workbook (PDF 42 kB)
- Hunt Planning
- Travel Plans
- Equipment List
- Firearm, Ammunition & Cleaning Kit
- Food Plan
- Meal Plan
- First Aid & Survival List
From this point on, planning your hunt is making informed choices.
Adobe Acrobat PDF files require a free viewer available directly from Adobe. If you encounter problems while downloadiong the Workbook try updating Adobe Reader or right click on the Workbook links and select 'Save Link As'.