- Where to Go
Viewing sites, maps, road and ferry routes.
- What to See
Bears, birds, marine mammals and more.
- When to Go
Wildlife by season, festivals and other events.
- Virtual Viewing
Trailcams, webcams, video, audio, and tracking maps.
- Tips and Safety
Safety around wildlife, photography, animal identification and viewing etiquette.
- Guides and Checklists
Bird & animal checklists, viewing guides.
- Citizen Science
Volunteer for wildlife research.
- Viewing Permits
McNeil River, Round Island and Pack Creek.
- Support fish and wildlife conservation in Alaska
- Watch Round Island walruses on a live webcam
- Interactive map shows activities of Anchorage urban bears
- Round Island walrus viewing open to visitors starting May 1
- Been birding? Find out if you qualify for a Wings Over Alaska certificate
- Help us find the gray-headed chickadee (PDF)
Did You Know?
Beluga whales are sometimes called “sea canaries” because they are so vocal. They use a variety of grunts, clicks, chirps and whistles to navigate, find prey and communicate.