Alaska Hunting Regulations
These regulations are not quoted verbatim from state law. They have been simplified for your convenience. In addition, be aware that issued emergency orders may contain hunting and trapping season information which may take precedence over information in the Hunting and Trapping Regulation booklets found below.
For further details, contact your local Alaska Department of Fish and Game office.
Hunting Regulations — Complete Booklet
(For high-speed internet connections.)
- 2022 – 2023 Alaska Hunting Regulations (PDF 8,700 kB) (Entire booklet, 144 pages)
Hunting Regulations — Individual Sections
(For slower internet connections.)
General Information (PDF 1,144 kB)
(pages 1 – 23, 34 – 36)
- Information for All Bear Hunters (PDF 522 kB) (pages 24 – 27)
- Deer In Alaska (PDF 388 kB) (page 28)
- Identifying a legal Caribou (PDF 414 kB) (page 29)
- Identifying a legal Moose (PDF 566 kB) (pages 30 – 31)
- Identifying a legal Muskoxen (PDF 369 kB) (page 32)
- Identifying a legal Ram (PDF 488 kB) (page 33)
- Overview of Game Management Units (PDF 1,034 kB) (37 – 38)
- Seasons and Bag Limits by Game Management Unit (the GMUs listed below contain pages 39 – 139)
- Fur Animals, Small Game, Unclassified Game, and Deleterious Exotic Wildlife (PDF 589 kB) (pages 140 – 142)
- Transfer of Possession Form (PDF 192 kB) (page 143) To be filled out before transferring unprocessed game meat to others either permanently (given as a gift) or temporarily for the purpose of transport.
- Wildlife Safeguard (PDF 401 kB) (page 144)
You may request a hard copy of the Alaska Hunting Regulations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling (907) 465-4190, or pick up a copy of the regulations at your nearest Fish and Game Office.
Interested in submitting a hunting photo for possible use in future regulations or on our website? Please download this Wildlife Conservation Division Photo Submission Form (PDF 149 kB), which includes information on how and where to submit your images.
Bear Baiting Regulations
Download the Bear Baiting Seasons and Requirements (PDF 365 kB).
Waterfowl/Migratory Bird Hunting Regulations (PDF 451 kB)
Small Game Regulations
- Small Game: Seasons and Bag Limits (PDF 589 kB)
- Unit 14C Small Game Summary (PDF 270 kB)
Alaska Falconry Manual (PDF 704 kB)
Adobe Acrobat PDF files require a free viewer available directly from Adobe.