RM833 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2021

Hunt Details

Hunt Number: RM833
Regulatory Year: 2021
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Moose
Legal Animal: Residents: 1 antlered bull moose NonResidents: No open season

Number of Permits

Residency Number of Permits
Nonresidents To be announced
Alaska residents Up to 99999 permits
Total Number of Permits Available Unlimited

GMU, Area

Unit 24B and 24C Winter Hunt

Season Dates*

12/15/2021 - 04/15/2022

*See Drawing or Subsistence Supplements for season details.

Residency Restrictions

Alaska residents only

Reporting Requirements

  • Successful Hunters
    • Report within 5 days of kill. Return the completed permit report card to the vendor that issued the permit or to Fairbanks ADF&G or online.
    • Specimens Required: None.
  • Unsuccessful Hunters
    Report no later than April 30.
  • Internet Reporting
    You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov

Hunting Conditions

1) WHEN: Dec. 15 - April 15

2) WHERE: Unit 24B and Unit 24C

3) BAG LIMIT: One (1) antlered bull moose.

How: Complete the permit report online (http://hunt.alaska.gov), or return the completed permit report card to the
vendor that issued the permit or to Fairbanks ADF&G in person or by mail. Successful hunters: Report within 5 days
of kill. Unsuccessful hunters and those who did not hunt: Report no later than April 30.


Hunters who receive this permit are not allowed to use aircraft for hunting moose, including transportation of any
moose hunters, their hunting gear, and/or moose parts. However, this prohibition does not apply to the transportation
into the hunt area of game meat that has been processed for human consumption.

7) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska residents only.

If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (Drawing, Tier II, or Registration, including Tier I
Nelchina Caribou) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife
Troopers for enforcement action.

Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.