RB230 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2021
Hunt Number: RB230
Regulatory Year: 2021
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One (1) brown bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs. A wounded bear counts towards the bag limit.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
10/25/2021 - 11/30/2021
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report in person to Kodiak ADF&G within 5 days of leaving the hunt area. (907)486-1880
- Specimens Required: Skull and hide with claws and evidence of sex attached.
Submit report within 15 days of the close of the season.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) PERMIT: The RB230 permit shall be in the possession of the permittee while hunting or transporting brown bear and shall be exhibited to any person authorized to enforce state and federal laws who requests to see it. The permit is NONTRANSFERABLE.
2) WHEN: The RB230 permit is valid from October 25 - November 30.
3) WHERE: Unit 8, Northeastern portion of Kodiak Island, including all drainages into Chiniak, Anton Larsen, and northeast Ugak (east of Saltery Creek drainage) Bays, and including Spruce, Near, Woody, Long, and Ugak islands.
4) BAG LIMIT: One (1) brown bear every four regulatory years. Cubs and sows (females) accompanied by cubs are protected. If you have killed a brown bear anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, you are not eligible to participate in this hunt. If you have wounded a bear and cannot recover it, you must stop hunting, validate (notch) your permit, and call the Kodiak ADF&G office (907)486-1880.
SUCCESSFUL hunters: Report in person to Kodiak ADF&G within 5 days after leaving the hunt area with hide and skull for sealing .
UNSUCCESSFUL hunters or permittees who DID NOT HUNT: Report online at http://hunt.alaska.gov, in person, or by mail to Kodiak ADF&G within 15 days of the close of the season.
6) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, tier II, or registration) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.