RB601 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RB601
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One brown bear,except two (2) brown bears may be taken in Unit 19A,21D, and 24B. Cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||To be announced|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
19A, 19B, 21D, 24
08/10/2020 - 06/30/2021
Alaska residents only
- Report within 14 days of kill.
- Specimens Required: Skin of the head and front claws are removed and kept by ADF&G if sealed.
Report no later than July 15.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) WHEN: Aug. 10 - June 30.
2) WHERE: Downstream of and including the Aniak River drainage within Units 19A and 19B, Unit 21D, and Unit 24.
3) BAG LIMIT: One (1) brown bear, except two (2) brown bears may be taken in Unit 19A,21D, and 24B. Cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be
taken at any time. A brown bear taken under this permit does not count toward the one bear every four regulatory years bag limit in other units.
4) SEALING REQUIREMENT: Hide and skull need not be sealed unless presented for commercial tanning or they are removed from a State of Alaska
brown bear subsistence hunt area (Unit 9B, all drainages in Unit 9E that drain into the Pacific Ocean between Cape Kumliun and the border of
Unit 9E and 9D, Unit 17, Unit 18, that portion of Units 19A and 19B downstream of including the Aniak River Drainage, Unit 21D, Unit 22, all
drainages in Unit 23 except for the Baldwin Peninsula north of the Arctic Circle, Unit 24, and Unit 26A); if sealing is required it must be completed
by an authorized sealing agent; and at the time of sealing the skin of the head and front claws are removed and kept by ADF&G.
5) REPORTING: Complete permit hunt report online (http://hunt.alaska.gov) or return completed permit report card by mail or in person to Fairbanks
ADF&G. Successful hunters: Report within 14 days of kill. Unsuccessful hunters and those who did not hunt: Report no later than July 15.
6) REMEMBER: Meat must be salvaged for human consumption. In Units 21D, and 24 aircraft may not be used in any manner for brown bear hunting,
including transportation of hunters, bears or parts of bears; however, this does not apply to transportation of bear hunters or bear parts by
regularly scheduled flights to and between communities by carriers that normally provide scheduled service to the area, nor does it apply to
transportation by aircraft to or between publicly owned airports.
7) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska residents only.
8) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you may not be eligible to receive any permits (Drawing, Targeted, Tier II, or
Registration, including Tier I Nelchina Caribou) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name may be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife
Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.