RM840 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RM840
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Legal Animal: 22D Remainder: Aug 10 - Sept 14 22B West, 22C, 22D Kuzitrin, and 22D Southwest: Sept 1 - Sept 14 Residents: Bull Nonresidents (22C only): Bull with 50-inch antler/4 brow tine rule.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||To be announced|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
08/10/2020 - 09/14/2020
Alaska residents only
- Within 1 day of kill: Unit 22C, 22D Kuzitrin Drainage, and 22D SW; Within 2 days of kill: Unit 22B West and 22D Remainder. Report in person, online at hunt.alaska.gov, (907) 443-2271 or (800) 560-2271 (leave a message at Ext 8191), or by pre-paid mail.
- Specimens Required: None
Report by Sept 30 in person, online at hunt.alaska.gov, (907) 443-2271 or (800) 560-2271 (leave a message at Ext 8191), or by pre-paid mail.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) PERMIT AVAILABILITY: Permits available in person at the Nome ADF&G office and license vendors in Golovin, Nome, Teller, Brevig Mission, and White Mountain between July 25 - August 25.
2) WHEN: Units 22B West, 22C, 22D Kuzitrin Drainage and 22D Southwest: Sept. 1 - Sept. 14. Unit 22D Remainder: Aug 10 - Sept. 14. Season will be closed by emergency order when harvest quotas are reached.
Unit 22B West = 23 bulls
Unit 22C = 20 bulls
Unit 22D Kuzitrin Drainage and Unit 22D Southwest = 27 bulls
Unit 22D Remainder = 17 bulls
3) WHERE: Unit 22B West (west of the Darby Mountains, also defined as Unit 22B Remainder); Unit 22C; Unit 22D Kuzitrin Drainage (includes Kougarok, Kuzitrin, Noxapaga, Pilgrim river drainages); Unit 22D Southwest (west of the Tisuk River drainage, west of the west bank of the unnamed creek originating opposite the headwaters of McAdam's Creek to its confluence with Canyon Creek, and west of the west bank of Canyon Creek to its confluence with Tuksuk Channel), and Unit 22D remainder. Consult the Federal Subsistence Management Regulations for information regarding Federal Public Lands in Alaska.
4) BAG LIMIT: Residents: One (1) bull moose; Nonresidents (Unit 22C only): One (1) bull with 50-inch antlers or antlers with 4 or more brow tines on at least one side.
5) SPECIMENS REQUIRED: None
6) REQUIREMENTS: Only ONE MOOSE PER HOUSEHOLD may be taken in the RM840 hunt. You may only kill one (1) moose per regulatory year. If you have killed a moose anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, this permit is not valid.
Within 1 day of the kill: Unit 22C, 22D Kuzitrin Drainage, and 22D Southwest
Within 2 days of the kill: Unit 22B West and 22D remainder
Report in person, online at hunt.alaska.gov, by telephone (907) 443-2271 or (800) 560-2271 (you can leave a recorded message at Ext 8191), outside drop box at Nome ADF&G, or by pre-paid mail.
Unsuccessful hunters and those who did not hunt must submit their hunt report by September 30. Report in person, online at hunt.alaska.gov, by telephone (907) 443-2271 or (800) 560-2271 (you can leave a recorded message at Ext 8191), outside drop box at Nome ADF&G, or by pre-paid mail. Harvest report cards must be returned to ADF&G regardless of phone or internet reporting.
8) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska Residents are qualified to hunt in all areas. Nonresidents are qualified to hunt in Unit 22C.
9) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report you will not be eligible to receive any permits (drawing, Tier II, and registration, including Tier I Nelchina caribou) during the next regulatory year. In addition, your name may be turned over to Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
10) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations. You must carry your signed permit while hunting or transporting moose within the registration permit area and you must show it to any person authorized to enforce state or federal laws who requests to see it.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.