RB698 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RB698
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
09/01/2020 - 06/30/2021
Alaska residents only
- Report by phone, mail or on-line (hunt.alaska.gov) by June 15; if not received you will be contacted by ADF&G
- Specimens Required: If removed from subsistence hunt area, skull and hide (separated, unfrozen) sealed by ADF&G; skin of head/front claws kept by ADF&G
Report by phone, mail or on-line (hunt.alaska.gov) by June 15; if not received you will be contacted by ADF&G
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1)WHEN: Sept. 1 – May 31
2) WHERE: Unit 18
3) BAG LIMIT: One brown bear; however cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
4) SEALING: Sealing of hide/skull only required if removed from any State brown bear subsistence hunt area. Before removal from the area, hide and skull must first be sealed by ADF&G or department representative. When sealed, the skin of the head and front claws will be removed and retained by ADF&G.
5) REQUIREMENTS: All meat must be salvaged for human consumption; hide and skull need not be salvaged. You must carry this permit with you while you are hunting or transporting a brown bear within the registration permit area. You may only kill one (1) brown bear per regulatory year. If you have killed a brown bear anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, this permit is not valid.
6) REPORTING: All hunters (both successful and unsuccessful) are encouraged to report their hunting effort and harvest by June 15 to ADF&G by phone (907)543-2979, postage-paid Hunt Report Card or online (hunt.alaska.gov). If ADF&G does not have your report, you will be contacted after the season closes to complete your hunt report.
7) WHO QUALIFIES: Alaska Residents Only.
8) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations. You must carry your signed permit while hunting or transporting brown bear within the registration permit area and you must show it to any person authorized to enforce state of federal laws who requests to see it.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.