RB300 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2020
Hunt Number: RB300
Regulatory Year: 2020
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One (1) brown bear, every regulatory year
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Alaska residents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
All of unit 7 & 15, where hunting is legal.
09/01/2020 - 05/31/2021
- Hunt available to Nonresidents
- Hunt available to Alaska residents
- Report by phone 260-2905, or in person within 5 days of kill to Soldotna ADFG and seal within 10 days of kill ONLY at ADFG in Soldotna, Homer, Palmer or Anchorage. You must also complete and turn in the report section of this permit.
- Specimens Required: Skull (unfrozen and removed from hide) and hide with claws and evidence of sex attached for sealing. Tooth and genetic samples may be taken.
Report online at hunt.alaska.gov, by mail, or in person to ADFG within 10 days of season end.
If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt, you may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1) PERMIT: RB300 permit shall be in the possession of the permittee while hunting or transporting brown bear and shall be exhibited to any person authorized to enforce sate and federal laws who requests to see it. This permit is NONTRANSFERABLE. You are required to purchase and possess a brown bear metal locking-tag before you participate in this hunt. You will need a 2017 AND 2018 locking-tag if you hunt both fall and spring seasons.
2) WHEN: The RB300 permit is valid from Sept 1 - May 31, unless closed by Emergency Order. Contact Soldotna ADFG at 262-9368 to verify the season is still open before going to the field.
3) WHERE: All of unit 7 & 15, where hunting is legal. Check with landowner prior to hunting.
4) BAG LIMIT: One (1) brown bear every regulatory year. Cubs and sows accompanied by cubs are protected. If you have killed a brown bear anywhere in Alaska during the current regulatory year, you may not participate in this hunt.
5) REPORTING- SUCCESSFUL hunters: Report by phone 260-2905, or in person within 5 days of kill to Soldotna ADFG and seal within 10 days of kill ONLY at ADFG in Soldotna, Homer, Palmer or Anchorage. In addition to sealing you are required to return the completed harvest report in person, online, or by mail to any ADFG office within 10 days of kill.
UNSUCCESSFUL hunters or permittees who DID NOT HUNT: Return the completed harvest report in person, online, or by mail to the Soldotna ADFG office within 10 days of the close of the season.
6) PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT: If you fail to report, you will not be eligible for any drawing, Tier II,or registration (including Tier I Nelchina caribou) permits next regulatory year. In addition, your name will be turned over to the Alaska Wildlife Troopers for enforcement action.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.