Rabbit Creek Youth Shotgun League
The shotgun shooting sports are a lifelong activity. The Rabbit Creek Youth Shotgun League program is built on the foundation of firearm safety, positive reinforcement, individual improvement, and camaraderie.
The participants are placed on to teams of 4-6 kids based more on schedule than age and coached by ADF&G trained volunteers and staff. Our participants are 10-15 years old. At Rabbit Creek Shooting Park, teams shoot from either 5:30pm-7:00pm or 7:00pm-8:30pm on the same weeknight each week (Monday-Thursday). We check with prior league participants and place new shooters on teams based on availability and family schedules.
- Youth Shotgun League consists of an 8-week session, with sessions held in the fall (Sept-Nov) and spring (March-May).
- Each week the participants shoot a round of coached shooting (25 shots) and a round of 5-stand (25 shots) for score.
- League shotguns are available, so participants do not need to have their own shotguns. League participants may use their own shotgun, if approved by the team coaches.
- Awards are given out at a banquet at the end of the season for the top shooters and teams.
- The cost is $300 which covers the shells and targets. Scholarship applications are available upon request.
- Eye and ear protection are the responsibility of each participant and must be worn at all times when on the range.
The 2020 Fall Shotgun League will start the week of September 14.
Sign-up (see online registration form below) should be completed prior to this date.
- A New Shooter Orientation will be held on Wednesday, August 26 at 6:30pm. More information will be provided upon registration.
- Participants must be 10 years old by September 14, 2020.
Rabbit Creek Shooting Park
Youth Shotgun League
Hunter Information & Training Program