National Archery in the Schools (NASP) - Teacher Training
The National Archery in the Schools Program, (NASP) instructor training is offered through the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. The Basic Archery Instructor Course, (BAI) is designed to teach archery instruction techniques to both novices and experienced archers alike. Course content includes NASP program overview, range set up and safety, use of the string bow, eleven steps to archery success, coaching techniques, and an equipment portion covering nomenclature, inspection, operation, and maintenance. The Basic Archery Instructor is certified to teach Olympic style archery to school-age students.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Attend the full day BAI course
- Pass a written exam administered at the end of the training
NASP Training Opportunities
- TBA. Please call Kirk Lingofelt @ 907-267-2534 for more information.
- TBA. Please call Steve at 834-1622 for more information.
- TBA. Please call Frank Zmuda @ 907-586-4101 for more information.
- TBA. Please call Bob Hunter at 459-7375 for more information.
For more information visit the NASP website or call: (907) 267-2534.