Alaska Wildlife Curriculum
Alaska's Tundra and Wildlife
Alaska's Tundra and Wildlife — Complete Curriculum (PDF 9,626 kB)
Best if downloaded with Chrome.
Alaska's Tundra and Wildlife includes background information and activities covering: elements of alpine and lowland tundra ecosystems, the role of wind, cold, snow and permafrost, animal and plant survival techniques, tundra food chains and food webs, the fragility and resistance of plants, animals and the land, and conservation issue investigations.
- Section 1 — Elements that Create Tundra (PDF 9,626 kB)
- Section 2 — Tundra Topography and Soil (PDF 9,626 kB)
- Section 3 — Life Forms and their Tundra Adaptations (PDF 9,626 kB)
- Section 4 — Tundra Ecosystems — Community Connections (PDF 9,626 kB)
- Section 5 — Human Impacts on Tundra Ecosystems (PDF 9,626 kB)
- Student Tundra Activities (PDF 9,626 kB)
- Appendices (PDF 9,626 kB)