Fairbanks Hunter Education Indoor Shooting Range
Open Walk-In Public Shooting Hours at the Range
Buy Range Time >> You may purchase a 7-Hour Special of range lane rental time, in advance. Purchase online, at home or on the go with your computer or smart device, and save time and money, and help reduce in-person cash/card handling during COVID-19. Click here to learn more about purchasing online a 7-Hour Special of range lane rental time.
2020-2021 Regular (Fall/Winter/Spring) Season
(September 19 2020, through May 14, 2021)
|Day of the Week||Open Walk-in Public Shooting Hours|
|Mondays||CLOSED (no walk-in hours, other events may be scheduled)|
|Tuesdays||CLOSED (no walk-in hours, other events may be scheduled)|
|Wednesdays||4 to 7 p.m.|
|Thursdays||12 to 2 p.m. AND 4 to 8 p.m.|
|Fridays||12 to 2 p.m. AND 4 to 7 p.m.|
|Saturdays||1 to 4 p.m. AND 6 to 8 p.m.|
|Sundays||1 to 4 p.m. AND 6 to 8 p.m.|
Published hours do not include emergency closures, special events, and are subject to change from what is indicated.
Please note, the live-fire range is used for hunter education shoots, youth shooting sports instruction, practice and matches, competitive shooting events, league shooting and firearms training and qualification outside of walk-in public shooting hours. Walk-in public shooting hours are established to the extent feasible and open times are based on public survey information gathered periodically, staffing availability, and on other uses of the facility. Fees collected during public hours help offset the operational cost for the range and to keep the range open for public use. Thank you for supporting the range!
Closures, Schedule Changes, and Special Events
This information is subject to change.
- LAST DAY of Walk-in Public Hours for the 2020-2021 Regular (Fall/Winter/Spring) Season is Friday, May 14
More Information About Walk-In Public Shooting Hours
Successful completion of the Range Orientation and Safety Briefing is required in order to use the live-fire range during walk-in public shooting hours. Orientations are given anytime during walk-in public shooting hours (as long as there is at least a half-hour left before closing and as long as it is not too busy) and Range ID cards (small fee applies) are issued to individuals who complete the orientation.
- Eye and ear protection is required and is available for sale or rent at the counter along with targets.
- You may share a lane with one other person.
- There is a minimum age of 10 to use the live-fire range. Youth under 18 may be required to have direct adult supervision.
- The live-fire range is designed to accommodate .22 rimfire (non-magnum) rifles, air rifles, and handguns up to .45 in caliber.
- Centerfire rifles or carbines, and .17-caliber and .22 Magnum firearms/ammunition are prohibited due to our ceiling baffle and bullet trap limitations.
- The range orientation provides additional information about the capabilities of the live-fire range and what can and cannot be fired.
- Firearms must be unloaded and cased when entering the facility (does not apply to on-duty law enforcement).
Fees for the ADF&G Hunter Education Indoor Shooting Range
Fees collected at the facility cover only a part of the operating cost to provide the range for the public.
NEW >> You may purchase a 7-Hour Special of range lane rental time, in advance. Purchase online, at home or on the go with your computer or smart device, and save time and money, and help reduce in-person cash/card handling during COVID-19. Click here to learn more about purchasing online a 7-Hour Special of range lane rental time.
- Lane Per Hour — $14.00
- Pre-Paid Lane (7 Hours) — $84.00
- E-Range Per Hour — $14.00
YOUTH, SENIORS, MILITARY
Youth must be under 18 years of age to qualify for the reduced rate
Seniors must be 60 years of age or older to qualify for the reduced rate
Military must be active duty with valid military ID to qualify for the reduced rate
- Lane Per Hour — $12.00
- Pre-Paid Lane (7 Hours) — $72.00
- E-Range Per Hour — $14.00
For More Information
Phone 452-5837 (range desk) during walk-in public shooting hours, and/or call the recorded information line at 452-6862.