Local Bird Checklists and Other Resources
Alaska Bird Checklists
- Official checklist of Alaska birds (PDF file 54 K)
- Bird checklists from areas around the state, including many parks and refuges
Local Bird Checklists
Anchorage (8.5x11) (PDF 184 kB)
- Anchorage (High Resolution, 16x9) (PDF 2,077 kB)
Anchorage Coastal (8.5x11) (PDF 567 kB)
- Anchorage Coastal (High Resolution, 16x9) (PDF 1,816 kB)
Palmer Hay Flats (8.5x11) (PDF 526 kB)
- Palmer Hay Flats (High Resolution, 16x9) (PDF 1,809 kB)
- Fort Wainwright (PDF file 603 K)
- Kachemak Bay (2011) (PDF 251 kB)
- Juneau (2007) (PDF file 336 K)
- Ketchikan (2009) (PDF file 761 K)
- Nome (PDF 365 kB)
- Skagway (2007) (PDF file 238 K)
- Yakutat (PDF 379 kB)
- Yukon Delta (PDF 2,080 kB)
- Audubon Alaska
- Alaska ebird (record bird sightings and contribute to avian monitoring and conservation)
- The Alaska 200 Club
- Mat-Su Birders
- KeenEye Birders (Kenai Peninsula)
- A Birder's Guide to Kachemak Bay (Homer)
- Yukon Bird Club (Yukon, Canada)
- The Searchable Ornithological Research Archive (SORA)
Maintained by the University of New Mexico, SORA is a great place to find articles from major ornithological journals.
- Oriental Bird Club Image Database
A large collection of photographs of birds from Asia and the Far East, which can be useful in identifying Asian vagrants in Alaska.
- National Weather Service, Alaska Regional Headquarters
- All About Birds - Collection of Ornithology resources
- Bird Watching Guide
Internet Birding Discussions and Listservs
A Yahoo discussion group on birding in Alaska.
- Beringia Birders:
A Yahoo discussion group on birding in far western and northern Alaska.
- Boreal Birders
A Yahoo discussion group on birding in interior Alaska.
- Eagle Chat:
A Yahoo discussion group on birding in Southeast Alaska.
- Kodiak Birding:
A Yahoo discussion group on birding the Kodiak Island Archipelago.
- Sitka Birds:
A discussion group on birding in the Sitka area.
- Kachemak Bay (Homer area):
A discussion board for birding in and around Kachemak Bay (Homer, Seldovia, Halibut Cove, Anchor Point)
- Kenai/Soldotna area:
An area sightings board hosted by the Kenai Peninsula Bird Festival.
Rare Bird Alerts (RBAs)
- Fairbanks area: (907) 451-9213
- Homer area: (907) 235-7337
- Kenai NWR: (907) 262-2300
- Birding Alaska
Homer birder Aaron Lang posts photos and sighting from around the state.
- Birds of Shishmaref
Birder and high school teacher Ken Stenek's birding reports and photos from this northern Seward Peninsula community.
- Adak Birding Blog
A birding blog from the Aleutians by Adak birder Isaac Helmricks