Sport Fish Guides and Charters
Guide and Business Registration
In order to legally provide guided sport fishing trips to anglers for compensation in the State of Alaska, you must furnish the following to acquire an ADF&G registration.
- Permanent mailing address
- Telephone number
- Inseason telephone number
- Address to mail wallet-sized registration card to if different from the permanent mailing address
- Email address
Business Owners Only
- A current State of Alaska Business License issued by the Department of Commerce and Economic Development, Division of Occupational Licensing.
- A current Alaska Sport Fish License.
Combination Business Owner/Guide
- Must meet all business and guide registration requirements above.
Additional Business Owner Requirements
Business owner must comply with the following:
- Provide all employed guides with a copy of the business registration to have on their persons while guiding.
- Ensure that guides employed by that business accurately and completely maintain trip information within the logbooks in the timely manner specified in the logbook instructions.
- Review and be familiar with the current year Sport Fishing Regulations for Special Guiding Regulations.
- Before operating a charter business or guiding sport anglers on the Kenai River, each guide and vessel must be registered annually with both ADF&G and the Soldotna office of the Alaska Department of Natural Resources/Division of Parks. For more information, call the Kenai River Center at (907) 714-2471.
- Non-profit organizations need to register as a sport fishing business if they are charging for their services.
- All business owners are RESPONSIBLE for making sure that logbook data is submitted to ADF&G in the timely manner specified in the logbook.