Sport Fish Guides and Charters
Guide and Business Registration
In order to legally provide guided sport fishing trips to anglers for compensation in the State of Alaska, you must provide the following to obtain your ADF&G registration.
- Permanent mailing address
- Telephone number
- In-season mailing address, if different from the permanent mailing address
- Email address
- A current State of Alaska Business License issued by the Department of Commerce and Economic Development, Division of Occupational Licensing.
- A current Alaska Sport Fish License.
Combination Business Owner/Guide
- Must meet all business and guide registration requirements listed above.
An application can be submitted in several ways:
- Apply online at the ADF&G Store. Your registration will be emailed to you within 3 business days.
- Submit an application at any Alaska Department of Fish and Game area or regional office. This registration is effective immediately and is valid for 14 days. ADF&G will email you your valid wallet-sized registration card within that 14 days.
- A Business/Guide Registration Application can be printed from your computer, filled out, and mailed to ADF&G. Your registration card(s) will be emailed to you within 21 days.
IMPORTANT: This application alone does not allow you to legally guide or operate your guiding business. You must have a guide/business registration that has been signed by a department representative before initiating any guiding services. A permanent wallet-sized registration card will be emailed to you within 21 days. Do not provide guided services until you receive your permanent wallet-sized registration card.
- Print both the instructions page and the registration application.
- Follow the instructions as you fill out all applicable sections of the registration application.
- All applicable sections must be complete and legible, and they must reflect current certificate, license, and registration numbers.
- Send the application to the address noted in the upper portion of the form:
State of Alaska
Department of Fish and Game - Sport Fish RTS
333 Raspberry Road
Anchorage, Alaska 99518-1599
- Do NOT fax or e-mail the application. An original signature must be on file.
- Sign and date your application.
- Incomplete or illegible forms will be returned, resulting in a processing delay.
- Please allow 21 days for processing and receipt of your wallet-sized registration card.