Sport Fish Guides and Charters
Guide and Business Registration
In order to legally provide guided sport fishing trips to anglers for compensation in the State of Alaska, you must furnish the following to acquire an ADF&G registration.
- Permanent mailing address
- Telephone number
- In-season mailing address if different from the permanent mailing address
- Email address
- A current State of Alaska Business License issued by the Department of Commerce and Economic Development, Division of Occupational Licensing.
- A current Alaska Sport Fish License.
Combination Business Owner/Guide
- Must meet all business and guide registration requirements above.
Application can be made in several ways:
- Apply at Online Licensing Store. Your registration will be emailed to you within 3 business days.
- Submit an application at any Alaska Department of Fish and Game area or regional office. The registration is effective immediately and is valid for 14 days. Before the 14 days pass ADF&G will email you your valid wallet-sized registration card.
- A Business/Guide Registration Application (link below) can be printed from your computer, filled out, and mailed to the Department of Fish and Game. Your registration card(s) will be emailed to you within 14 days.
- 2022 Business Owner/Guide Registration Application (PDF 334 kB)
IMPORTANT: This application alone does not allow you to legally guide or operate your guiding business. You must have a guide/business registration that has been signed by a department representative before initiating any guiding services. A permanent wallet-sized registration card will be emailed to you within 21 days. Do not provide guided services until you receive your permanent wallet-sized registration card.
- Print both the instructions page and the registration application.
- Follow the instructions as you fill out all applicable sections of the registration application.
- All applicable sections must be complete and legible, and they must reflect current certificate and license and registration numbers.
- Send the application to the address noted in the upper portion of the form:
State of Alaska
Department of Fish and Game - Sport Fish RTS
333 Raspberry Road
Anchorage, Alaska 99518-1599
- Do NOT fax or e-mail the application. An original signature must be on file.
- Sign and date your application.
- Incomplete or illegible forms will be returned, resulting in a processing delay.
- Please allow 21 days for processing and receipt of your wallet-sized registration card.