- Where to Go
Viewing sites, maps, road and ferry routes.
- What to See
Bears, birds, marine mammals and more.
- When to Go
Wildlife by season, festivals and other events.
- Virtual Viewing
Trailcams, webcams, video, audio, and tracking maps.
- Tips and Safety
Safety around wildlife, photography, animal identification and viewing etiquette.
- Guides and Checklists
Bird & animal checklists, viewing guides.
- Citizen Science
Volunteer for wildlife research.
- Viewing Permits
McNeil River, Round Island and Pack Creek.
- Support fish and wildlife conservation in Alaska
- Watch Round Island walruses on a live webcam
- Interactive map shows activities of Anchorage urban bears
- Round Island walrus viewing open to visitors starting May 1
- Been birding? Find out if you qualify for a Wings Over Alaska certificate
- Help us find the gray-headed chickadee (PDF)
Did You Know?
The Arctic tern is nearly flightless while molting its wing feathers in winter. It rests on small blocks of ice at the edge of the pack ice during this short period.