Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Secondary Site Navigation
- Subsistence & Personal Use Permits Home
- Sport vs Subsistence vs Personal Use Fishing
- Sport Fish Licenses
- Interior Alaska
- Southcentral Alaska
- Southeastern Alaska
Purchasing Your License Online
Frequently Asked Questions
Steps to Buy Online
- Please have the following information available:
- Valid credit card and expiration date: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and some debit cards (not all are compatible)
- Valid mailing address
- Valid e-mail address (an email confirmation of your purchase will be sent to you)
- Phone number
- Complete the online application.
- Note: You cannot hunt, fish, or trap without a valid license in your possession.
- If you are purchasing a license or tag:
- Print at Home:
- Sport Fishing, Hunting and Trapping Licenses
- Commercial Crewmember Licenses
- King Salmon and Duck Stamps (when purchased with sport license)
- Mailed to You: (Please don't purchase these items if you need them before they can reach you via the U.S. Postal Service)
- Big Game Locking Tags
- King Salmon and Duck Stamps (when purchased separately from sport license)
- Sport Fish Guide and Business Owner License
- Print at Home:
Printing Your License from Home
Hunting, sport fishing, and trapping licenses can be printed from home. King salmon and duck stamps can be printed from home when purchased with a sport license (purchased separately, they are mailed). Your king salmon and duck stamp endorsement numbers will be printed directly on your license.
Once you have completed the purchase, you will view a bank receipt page. You will also receive an email receipt from the bank. Please print this receipt for your financial records.
You have two ways to print your license. Please print your license as you will NOT receive a license in the mail.
- On the bank receipt page, you’ll see a button “Click to View/Print License.”
- You will also receive a separate email with your license(s) attached in a PDF form.
If you purchased a king salmon or duck stamp without a sport license, big game locking tags, or a sport fishing guide or business license, your items cannot be printed from home and will be mailed the next business day. Do not purchase these items online if you need them before they can reach you via the U.S. Postal Service.
We understand duck hunters enjoy the beautiful artwork of the duck stamp and would like to receive a physical duck stamp. If you purchased a duck stamp with your license and the stamp number is printed on your license, and you wish to receive a physical duck stamp, please contact us at email@example.com or call (907) 465-2376. We’ll be happy to mail you a physical duck stamp.
What if my license fails to print?
- You’ll receive an email with a PDF of your license, which can be printed at a later date if you are unable to print your license immediately.
- If you still need assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (907) 465-2376.
- Please describe your problem and include your name as it appears on the license, your phone number as well as the license number and order number if you have them. We will answer your message the next business day. We can e-mail your license or mail you a copy of your license.
Is this site safe?
This site is protected by InternetSecure®. Some browsers will show a padlock icon when in a secure site. Also, note the URL begins with "https" meaning the page is connected to a secure website.