Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
Does the winter range of bowhead whales overlap commercial fisheries in the Bering Sea?
- Reference: Citta, J. J., L. T. Quakenbush, J. C. George, H. Brower, R. J. Small, and M. P. Heide-Jorgensen. 2011. Does the winter range of bowhead whales overlap commercial fisheries in the Bering Sea? [abstract]. Page 61 [In] Abstracts of the 19th Biennial Conference on the Biology of Marine Mammals, 27 November- 2 December 2011, Tampa, Florida. Society for Marine Mammalogy.
- Audiences: Scientist, Wildlife Manager
- Authors: Harry Brower, John J. Citta, John Craig George, Mads Peter Heide-Jorgensen, Lori T. Quakenbush, Robert J. Small
- Funding Sources:
- GMUs or Areas: 18, 22
- Keywords: bowhead whale, Balaena mysticetus, winter range, commercial fisheries, entanglement, Bering Sea
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/research_pdfs/winter_range_bowhead_whales_commercial_fisheries_bering_sea.pdf (PDF)
- Primary Authors: John J. Citta
- Programs: Marine Mammals
- Project Numbers:
- Publication Types: Abstract/Poster/Presentation (Scientific)
- Regions: Region IV - Central and Southwest Alaska
- Species: Bowhead Whale
- Species Categories: Endangered or Threatened Species (Federal), Mammals, Marine Mammals
- Title: Does the winter range of bowhead whales overlap commercial fisheries in the Bering Sea?
- Topics: Distribution and Movements (including Migration), Resource Development, Anthropogenic Effects
- Year: 2011
See more: Wildlife Publications