Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
The recent history of bison in Alaska and Northwestern Canada; Intergrating zooarcheological data and indigenous knowledge
- Reference: Williams, P., Sr., S. C. Gerlach, R. D. Guthrie, B. Stephenson, and C. L. Fleener. 2004. The recent history of bison in Alaska and Northwestern Canada; Intergrating zooarcheological data and indigenous knowledge [abstract]. Page 42 [In] Human dimensions of the arctic environment: Program and abstracts of the 55th Arctic Science Conference, Anchorage session, 29 September-1 October 2004, Anchorage, Alaska. Arctic Division of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Audiences: Wildlife Manager
- Authors: Craig L. Fleener, S. Craig Gerlach, R. Dale Guthrie, Robert O. Stephenson Jr., Paul Williams, Sr.
- Funding Sources:
- GMUs or Areas:
- Keywords: wood bison, Bison bison athabascae, history, Holocene, hunting, restoration
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/research_pdfs/recent_history_bison_northwestern_canada.pdf (PDF)
- Primary Authors: Paul Williams, Sr.
- Programs: Wildlife Management, Wildlife Research
- Project Numbers:
- Publication Types: Abstract/Poster/Presentation (Scientific)
- Regions: Region IV - Central and Southwest Alaska
- Species: Wood Bison
- Species Categories: Endangered or Threatened Species (Federal), Mammals
- Title: The recent history of bison in Alaska and Northwestern Canada; Intergrating zooarcheological data and indigenous knowledge
- Topics: Hunting, Wildlife Management, Research, Anthropogenic Effects, Conservation
- Year: 2004
See more: Wildlife Publications