Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
Historical and current perspectives on wolf management in Alaska
- Reference: Harbo, S. J., and F. C. Dean. 1983. Historical and current perspectives on wolf management in Alaska. Pages 51-64 [In] L. N. Carbyn, editor. Wolves in Canada and Alaska: Canadian Wildlife Service report series number 45. Canadian Wildlife Service, Edmonton.
- Audiences: Wildlife Manager
- Authors: Frederick C. Dean, Samuel J. Harbo Jr.
- Funding Sources:
- GMUs or Areas: 13, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26
- Keywords: wolf control, wolf, Canis lupus, history, predator management, court intervention, socio-political conditions
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/research_pdfs/harbo_dean_1983_cws_historical_current_perspectives_wolf_management_alaska.pdf (PDF)
- Partners: University of Alaska Fairbanks, Canadian Wildlife Service, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Primary Authors: Samuel J. Harbo Jr.
- Programs: Wildlife Management
- Project Numbers:
- Publication Types: Journal Article/External Publication
- Regions: Statewide
- Species: Wolf
- Species Categories: Big Game, Furbearers, Mammals
- Title: Historical and current perspectives on wolf management in Alaska
- Topics: Intensive Management (including predator control), Wildlife Management
- Year: 1983
See more: Wildlife Publications