Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
The relationship of fire history to furbearer populations and harvest
- Reference: Stephenson, R. O. 1984. The relationship of fire history to furbearer populations and harvest. Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Division of Game, Federal Aid Final Report 1 July 1982-30 June 1983, Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Job 7.13R, Juneau.
- Audiences: Scientist, Wildlife Manager
- Authors: Robert O. Stephenson Jr.
- Funding Sources: FWS-WR
- GMUs or Areas:
- Keywords: beaver, Castor canadensis, fire, furbearers, habitat, Interior Alaska, lynx, Lynx canadensis, marten, Martes americana, population ecology, red fox, Vulpes vulpes
- Link: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/home/library/pdfs/wildlife/research_pdfs/84_stephenson_relationship_fire_history_furbearer_pop_harvest.pdf (PDF)
- Partners: Federal Aid-Wildlife Restoration Program
- Primary Authors: Robert O. Stephenson Jr.
- Programs: Wildlife Research
- Project Numbers: W-22-2, 7.13
- Publication Types: Grant Report
- Regions: Region III - Interior and Northeastern Alaska, Region V - Arctic and Western Alaska
- Species: American Marten, American Mink, Beaver, Ermine, Lynx, Meadow Vole, Moose, Muskrat, Red Fox, Red Squirrel, River Otter, Snowshoe Hare, Wolf, Wolverine, Northern Red-Backed Vole
- Species Categories: Big Game, Furbearers, Mammals, Small Game, Ungulates
- Title: The relationship of fire history to furbearer populations and harvest
- Topics: Fire, Distribution and Movements (including Migration), Population Abundance and Trends (Survey Inventory), Research, Population Composition and Demographics, Behavioral Ecology, Harvest
- Year: 1984
See more: Wildlife Publications