Division of Wildlife Conservation (DWC) Publication Details
Brown bear density and estimated harvest rates in Northwestern Alaska.
- Reference: Schmidt, J. H., H. L. Robison, L. S. Parrett, T. S. Gorn, and B. S. Shults. 2021. Brown bear density and estimated harvest rates in Northwestern Alaska. The Journal of Wildlife Management 85(2):202-214.
- Audiences: Guide or Outfitter, Hunter, Scientist, Wildlife Manager
- Authors: Tony S. Gorn, Lincoln S. Parrett, Hillary L. Robison, Joshua H. Schmidt, Brad S. Shults
- Funding Sources:
- GMUs or Areas: 22, 23, 24, 26
- Keywords: Alaska, brown bear, detection probability, harvest, mark‐resight, population density, Ursus arctos, Seward Peninsula, Noatak River, Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve
- Link: https://doi.org/10.1002/jwmg.21990 (Offsite)
- Partners: National Park Service, Western Arctic Parklands
- Primary Authors: Joshua H. Schmidt
- Programs: Wildlife Research
- Project Numbers:
- Publication Types: Journal Article/External Publication
- Regions: Region V - Arctic and Western Alaska
- Species: Brown Bear
- Species Categories: Big Game, Mammals
- Title: Brown bear density and estimated harvest rates in Northwestern Alaska.
- Topics: Hunting, Wildlife Management, Distribution and Movements (including Migration), Population Composition and Demographics, Harvest
- Year: 2021
See more: Wildlife Publications