Sport Fish Guides and Charters
A logbook is STILL required by ALL sport fish charter/guide operators operating in saltwater, regardless of whether a vessel is used or not. It is the business owner’s responsibility to obtain the logbook. Logbooks can be picked up at all ADF&G offices.
To learn more about the eLogBook or to watch eLogBook “How to” videos, go to the eLogBook tab
If your business begins operation prior to the availability of the current year logbook, please proceed with the following method to log your trips:
- Download the Saltwater Trip Logbook to track your activity until logbooks become available at your area Fish & Game office. Instructions for completing the logbook page are included in the download.
- Once a current year logbook has been issued, transfer the logbook number onto the temporary logbook data page(s) before mailing to ADF&G.
Do not send temporary data page(s) to ADF&G without a current year logbook number. If no logbook number appears, ADF&G will not be able to associate the trip with your business
Required Documents to Obtain a Logbook
- Department of Motor Vehicles issued vessel AK number, OR vessel US Coast Guard Documentation number.
- ADF&G Sport Fishing Business Owner Operator’s Registration (can be completed at time logbook is picked up)
Saltwater Logbook Reporting Requirements
- Daily trips must be recorded in the saltwater logbook and all trips must be recorded until the last trip of the season.
- All saltwater logbook sheets for completed trips must be returned to ADF&G no later than the date specified in the logbook.
- As described in the logbook it is the responsibility of the guide to assure that daily fishing activity is recorded in a timely manner.
- It is the responsibility of the business owner to ensure that all data for fishing activities from January 1 through December 31 is submitted to ADF&G in the manner specified in the logbook.
- When requested by any local representative of ADF&G, State of Alaska Peace Officer, or Federal Enforcement Officer the saltwater logbook or eLogBook must be made available for review.